Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Runaways MILLENIUM COLLECTION 5-2405

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone have a track listing for this? Someone on one of the Jett boards posted it but no track listing or cover photo yet...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member abbagod's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yo Skunk,

    Thanks for letting everyone know about this. You're a true fan!

    -abbagod-

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks abbagod. It seems everytime I post something here music related it gets ignored!!! CHERIE IS A SINGER!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Seems like your a big fan of Cherie/Runaways music. Ever crossed paths with a guy named Omid??? I used to buy/trade things back in the late 80's/early 90's with him. Just wondering what he's up to. What about Steven Darrow?

    Did you catch MAYOR OF SUNSET STRIP last night?

    Cherie sent me a cd (yes she sent it to me, her writing on the envelope and everything...I about fainted) of the Jonesy's Jukebox she and her son Jake were on. Want a copy Abbagod? I'd be glad to CHER with another fan!
    Just private message me your address...

    Skunk

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I know nothing but our friend Wasted looked into it and posted some information about it over on The Runaways board. What Wasted can't find usually ain't anywhere to be found.
    Hopefully this WILL happen.
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f/1846/t/285#3


    Cherie IS definately a singer SB, that's for sure!
    You don't need to remind me. I listen to her music all the time and I LOVE it!
    My current favorite Cherie song is: Another Name For Life
    Have you heard that one? Wow!!!!
    The 80's Collection is in my car this week. God, I love that CD! What do you think of STEEL? On my 80's collection poll, a while back, it proved to be the favorite song from that CD! Cherie totally rocks!

    That Jonesy's Jokebox CD is great isn't it!
    It was so cool of Cherie to send that to you.
    My hats off to Ellanoize for capturing that show off the internet and "producing" that CD!
    GRRREAT job Mr. Ella!
    Gus

  5. #5
    Inactive Member abbagod's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yo Skunk,

    Thanks for the offer about the cd!! I'll take you up on that.

    Yes, I did see THE MAYOR OF THE SUNSET STRIP last night on Showtime. Very good...much more of Kim Fowley than I had expected (scary old man!). Cherie looked better than usual, but certainly was not in it enough!!

    Thanks again!!

    -abbagod-

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    better than usual?
    better than usual?
    arrgh!! pass the smelling salts

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Sportyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gus,
    You're right about Cherie's singing of course, but what CD is the song Another Name for Life on?

    And although everyone is excited about the possibility of the Millenium Masters CD, I'm not sure that I am. It reminds me of how old I'm getting! LOL

    By the way, back East I've been having my own Runaways retrospective. For the last week I've been listening to the first two albums on the way to work. Why only the first two you ask? Mainly cause I'm stuck with a cassette player in the truck! Man, someday to be as rich as Gus and be able to have a CD player in there. It boggles the mind!

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey Sporty,
    That Cherie song (Another Name For Life) is on a Japanese tribute to Miyuki Nakajima CD called 'Yourself...Myself'
    It was released 9-26-03 and Cherie just totally shines on it! She is one of eleven western artists doing english renditions of Miyuki Nakajima songs.
    I think you can still hear snippets on this web site:
    http://www.universal-music.co.jp/um3/yourself_myself/

    And you can order it here:
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...j/version-all/

    I love this song. Betcha will too!
    Later dude,
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    GD

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After Gus found the link to this I picked up this Cd too.
    Cherie's song is the highlight of this tribute Cd. It is an eclectic mix of artist, I also like the Debbie Gibson - Portrait in Loneliness.

  10. #10
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Don't miss the latest WASTED update about the Runaways MILLENIUM COLLECTION over on the Runaways board.
    Check out the photo that will be The Runaways cover!!!
    Get a sampler!!! Wow!
    Thanks Wasted!yourock
    Gus
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f/1846/t/285#3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic